Last Updated on August 5, 2022 by Karan
Oxygen Not Included is a simulation game for space-colony. Your industrious crew will need to master science deep within an alien space rock, conquer strange new lifeforms, and harness amazing space technology to survive and probably prosper.
You can force the game to make all the commands available. This can easily be done by just creating a simple (empty) text-file inside the ”OxygenNotIncluded_Data“-folder which is located at the root of the game-folder. The text-file needs to be named: debug_enable.txt
Note: The “.txt” is the extension! The filename should be “debug_enable”.
This allows you to use Debug-commands (A restart of the game is necessary). This is very useful for screen-shot purposes as you can disable all hud by pressing ALT + F1 in-game or unlock the camera so you can zoom further out. The Control-submenu is full of the commands, but please note that SOME of these commands will crash the game or just not work.
Start after adding “debug_enable.txt” file, then press backspace to open the debug options.
List of Cheat Codes
- Instant Build Mode – CTRL + F4
- Invincible / God Mode – ALT + F7
- Discover All Elements – CTRL + F9
- DebugToggle – Backspace
- ToggleProfiler – Backquote/Tilde
- DebugVisualTest – SHIFT + F1
- DebugGameplayTest – SHIFT + F2
- DebugElementTest – SHIFT + F3
- DebugRiverTest – SHIFT + F4
- DebugTileTest – SHIFT + F5
- DebugSelectMalerlia! – CTRL + 5
- DebugToggleMusic – CTRL + M
- DebugFocus – CTRL + T
- DebugUltraTestMode – CTRL + U
- DebugSpawnMinion – CTRL + F2
- DebugPlace – CTRL + F3
- DebugInstantBuildMode – CTRL + F4
- DebugShowTestMode – CTRL + F5
- DebugDig – CTRL + F6
- DebugExplosion – CTRL + F8
- DebugDiscoverAllElements – CTRL + F9
- DebugTriggerException – CTRL + F12
- DebugRefreshNavDell – ALT + N
- DebugTeleport – ALT + O
- DebugGotoTarget – ALT + O
- DebugToggleSelectInEditor – ALT + T
- DebugPathFinding – ALT + P
- DebugReloadMods – ALT + M
- DebugReloadLevel – ALT + L
- DebugSuperSpeed – ALT + Z
- DebugNotification – ALT + X
- DebugNotificationMessage – ALT + C
- DebugToggleUI – ALT + F1
- DebugCollectGarbage – ALT + F3
- DebugInvincible – ALT + F7
- DebugApplyHighAudioReverb – ALT + F8
- DebugApplyLowAudioReverb – ALT + F9
- DebugForceLightEverywhere – ALT + F10
- DebugCellInfo – ALT + F11
Debug Menu contents
The various things you can do with debugging.
Primary debugging mode (Backspace)
The primary debugging mode is turned on and off with Backspace (the first time it’s turned on after loading a game it might take a few seconds to appear, depending upon the speed of your computer). This mode does the following:
- Turns off fog-of-war.
- Lets you zoom out as far as you want.
- Allows you to “paint” solids and gasses.
- Lets you copy/paste areas of a world, including buildings with their settings/contents and critters, but not including dupes.
- Lets you save areas of a world as a template file, then later load and paste the template.
- When you place an order for something to be built it will appear instantly without using up any existing resources.
- All building and construction types become available, even if they haven’t been researched yet.
- Any new dig orders will dig out the blocks instantly, though if the game is paused you’ll have to unpause for it to take effect.
- For any buildings where you can queue up orders for items to be produced (Microbe Musher, Apothecary, etc), queuing up and order with “+1” will cause the request item to be instantly produced, even if the building is receiving no power.
- Duplicants can be assigned any Job, even if they don’t meet the requirements for the job, and will retain that job after DebugInstantBuildMode is toggled off.
- If you select a Research subject that hasn’t yet been fully researched it will become fully researched, along with any prerequisite research subject. These research subjects will stay fully researched after DebugInstantBuildMode is toggled off.
Teleports the selected dupe, critter, plant or building to the location of the mouse cursor.
Spawns a new randomly generated dupe at the location of the mouse cursor.
Toggling this mode on makes the game run as fast as your computer’s CPU can handle.
Toggling this mode on will make your dupes invincible.
If you set the Rations Box to Priority 6, the Dupes will automatically bring it to the box when you dig up food while exploring. This also refers to food harvested and cooked.
CO2 is Sterile
Food does not rot in a sterile environment. If you place your Rations Box fully submerged in CO2, the food inside of it will not rot.
CO2 is heavier than O2
Assuming you have O2 generation in your base, CO2 will sink downward. Create pits toward the bottom of your base for food/CO2 storage.
Food / Item Transfers
If you set your new Rations Box/Storage Container to Priority 6, and a different one has a lower Priority, your Dupes will automatically transfer the items in the
Don’t kill Hatch
Don’t kill them, seriously. This one, like hell, was embarrassing. I didn’t have a clue that they were producing coal. Coal is used in a few cycles through the Coal Generator for power generation. If you build and fill a storage compartment near them with soil, you can feed them in order to keep making coal for you. If you’ve got all the tiles under them, Hatch will never go to sleep.
It is important to base design. You need ample space for items and decoration in each room, while enough space between rooms to allow airflow (thus requiring fewer items producing O2). Creating a space of 3 blocks between rooms. Ends of room 1, empty tiles, staircase, empty tiles, room 2. Dupes have one space to climb, land on the ladder, and go into the next room. For Oxygen, providing a 3 open block space between rooms offers better air flow. Refer to the section below, Picture.
If you select the new overlay, there are instructions on how big to create certain rooms, and what facilties are required. By meeting these requirements, your duplicants receive a bonus, or reduction to stress while occupying these rooms for their intended use.
Algae is Limited Early Game Early Game
Algae is limited. Move on to Electrolyzers for O2 until you can SAFETLY enter the Slime biome.
So my Dupes would always eat Meallice, and I could never make bars. I had no clue that you can set your Dupes to not eat certain foods. Color me stupid.
You can reject taking on new Duplicants. You should NOT take more than 6-8 until your colony is fully stablized.
Certain buildings can be rotated using the O key.
Such as airlocks!
Airlocks can be rotated to be up-down rather than left-right!
You can prevent certain Dupes from using an airlock by clicking it, and choosing access permission.
Abyssalite Is great for keeping a cold area cold, or warm area warm, BUT if you take Abyssalite from a warm area, and try to tile a cold area, that Abyssalite will maintain the heat from the area you harvested it.
Do not rush into the Slime Biome. Slimelung can seriously mess you up if you’re not careful. Make sure you’ve multiple airlocks, wash basins, and ore scrubber setup before entering one. Limit how many of your Dupes enter at a time.
Who do I start with?
1 dupe with Learning, 1 dupe with Cooking, 1 dupe with Creativity. You can’t guarentee what you’re going to get, but the three I’ve listed are your main priorities. You’ll want to max out your research ASAP, and you’ll want someone who can make quality art ASAP. The cooking is a bonus
If everything is Priority 9, then nothing is a Priority. Use the Priority system appropriately. Set the numbers in the order of importance. These priorities counts for delivery of goods for cooking, science, and O2 production as well.
If you save before selecting the portal when new Dupes arrive, you can simply reload if you’re unhappy with the selection provided.
I always knew this one, but it surprises me how many folks never realize while playing. You can hide wires/pipes behind tiles, and will not take a decor penalty for doing so.
Courtesy of Baelorack
Power Consumption – Be carefuly how much power consumption you put on wires – 1000w max consumption (F2 to check). This is how you avoid wire damage.
Courtesy of Baelorack
Power Transformers – Make sure you connect your power producers to the big side and receivers to the small side of a transformer.